Sunday, December 6, 2009

To the Young Man Full of Random Act of Kindness

I noticed the words "random act of kindness" on "Life As I See It" blog, and thought about the young man that befriended my daughter as she dated Derek. He has talked to no matter what happened or what she said; has said things to her that needed to be heard and she took them; has become a long life friend I am sure for my daughter. Now, I call that random act of kindness, especially when he has indicated how much he cares for her, and how much more he would like to have. His discussions, after she made it clear that friendship was all there would ever be, have been about being friends, about life in general, about each looking out for the "other" and what they want in life. This young man has not made a scene or pushed her into making a choice, hasn't pushed her away when he found out about some issues--my everyday readers will know what I am talking about. He is tremendously aware that he will gain nothing, while I'm sure he wishes. How do I know this? He is dating, and we do talk. I have thanked him over and over again. This wonderful kind young man does have a name: Cody Sprauge. If you see him, if you come across him, tell him his random act of kindness means much.

No comments:

Post a Comment