Sunday, October 18, 2009

Waiting

for Ginet to get home from the Haunted Jail. They all left at ten. It is now 2:50. She doesn't has the key; and that reminds me we have to change the locks, Derek took her key and his with him. Hopefully, he lost them. Well, Ginet now has two young men interested in her. One she can't see as anything more than a big brother. The other, well . . . he is working on it. While those two are interested, she has her eyes on three other young men. One problem, they all three live in other states. They talk plenty. Thank goodness for free evenings and weekends!

Tonight she is out with a group. Of course the one young man interested in her is with them. He is a sweet young man. Seems sensible. Has been friends with her brothers for a few years; god father to my grandson.

Damn . . . I can't stay up much longer. I can feel it sitting into my body dragging me down. I was attempting to stay up and get all the students' papers read and graded tonight. No luck in that. Couldn't keep the concentration. Being ill for four days didn't help, and the way it is going now, I'll be ill again from lack of sleep. I guess some students are going to have to wait for their midterm grades. Getting sick at the wrong time doesn't help, and then again, is there a right time to get sick?

I smile to myself, think, isn't it wonderful that Ginet is getting out, not depending on some "guy" to fulfill her day. Although, I know she misses the hugging, the kissing, the . . . , all those things that come with a relationship. She's doing well. I'm proud of her. At least she is being up front with the young man now working on her . . . attention. She told him she isn't ready, she still has feelings for Derek that she needs to work through because when she does go out she feels like she is cheating. As much as she wants another relationship, she knows she isn't ready and it wouldn't be fair to the newby, not excluding herself.

Well all, good morning bed time. Can't wait. She'll have to knock loudly!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope Ginet made it home safely and that she had a good time.

    I hope your body heals. Sickness comes as much from a tired soul as from a tired body. When is the last time you did something for yourself. Take a walk. Go sit in a some church where it is quiet. (Sometimes I slip away to one of the big downtown churches and smell the incense). Take a good book. I doubt God will mind. Give yourself an afternoon away from campus, away from students, away from family (much as you love them) and away from responsibilty. Eat chocolate. Drink coffee. Dance. Indulge in Dawn - beautiful Dawn.

    Remember that Dawn is the fresh day. Dawn is the rising sun. Dawn is there after every night, and is the result of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG SMILE ON MY FACE

    Hmmm, what church is empty and open during the day?

    Where is a dance place in town?

    ReplyDelete