Sunday, May 9, 2010

I have finished reading Troy's Creative Community. I remember the days with children young, active, and too busy for me to be busy except with them. Today I finished posting grades for students. Today I enjoyed searching for publishers and agents. Today my thoughts were my own. Today, I didn't know what to do with myself. Life is change, and I am now learning how to slow down. As children grow up to become their own, I have less to do. I have grandchildren that come, but they soon go home. If I don't want to go anywhere, usually I don't have to go. Life is looking different as I figure out what I will do, what I am doing, and looking for the job to carry ME through. Yes, I said me, not we, not us; however, there is still the responsibility, but the job I look for isn't to satisfy the we, only the I. I is now more in the foreground than the background. Life has changed, and more change is to come. Strange, thinking I instead of We.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you find that job that satisfies the "I."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, aye!

    Find it for you, and you will support the "we" that is so much the part of you.

    ReplyDelete