Sunday, June 28, 2009

Medicaid / Medicare

Garry received a letter stated that he had part D for prescriptions on medicare, but when he went to reorder his meds the pharmacist said the card number was no good, said that he wasn't covered. He needs one of his meds today, and I don't have the 103 dollars to get it. A partial--four days worth--cost 20 something; still don't have that either: end of the month blues with cash. The government is making it so I have to buy without money, thus a fee from my bank. End of the month blues exists for my parents as well, so I can't borrow from them. My children are looking for jobs, and the one who is working is making just enough to pay the bills. The situation we are finding ourselves in explains why so many elderly people die--eat or meds; housing or meds; so forth and so forth. Medicaid won't pay for anything until the spend down has been met. Is there any hope?

3 comments:

  1. I understand. The restaurant industry has been hit hard by the recession. There is not much money to spare these days. My friends and I are looking for ways to enjoy life without spending money. So, three of us are going for an early morning bikeride on the river greenway on Thursday. This is the most I've looked forward to a day in a long time.

    I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Take all the prayers you can give. If you see me on Thursday without any hair, you'll know why.

    ReplyDelete